Have faith

 

This is my gold chain and I am not going to give it to you…. Two men try to snatch her gold chain from her neck.  She fights like warrior but three strong men are too much for her to tackle.  They push her and she falls out of the open door of her train compartment.  Floating out of her train compartment, she fell onto the adjacent train tracks.  Before she could recover from her fall, she sees a train coming on from the other direction.  She tries getting up but before she can do that, the train runs over her leg.  The only thing that goes in her mind whole night when she was coming in and out of consciousness is --- Have Faith… That faith is what keeps her sane all night.  Early morning some locals pick her, take her to the hospital.  Try as much they want, she loses her leg from above the knee. 

Almost two years later, she becomes the first woman amputee to scale the mount Everest.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen we are talking about Arunima Sinha.  That one fateful night which broke her, took everything from her, changed the course of history for her; believe it or not; that one night also made her into what she is today. 

The moment we talk about faith, it turns slightly controversial and can give an impression that we are talking about religion. 

There are many have faith moments in everyone’s life.  On a lighter note few of the ones in mine

Some day I will have a fully peaceful working day in my office where no one will argue, no client will bicker and everything will run smooth.  Have faith… have faith

Some day I will as usual cook something which I do everyday with all my love and my in laws will genuinely praise my cooking.. have faith (sarcasm)

Some day My teenager will do all the chores herself, listen to me, do her studies and will not talk back …. Have faith … have faith

Some day I will have the grace of my favorite actress madhuri dixit and will be able to talk, dance and move like her…. Well… have faith

The only faith you need in this world is faith in self, belief in self.  The moment I believe in myself, I have faith in my capabilities, the whole world conspires to make things happen for me.  Once I have faith in myself, I actually don’t need anyone else to believe in me.  I am enough.  Believe it or not but the biggest source of motivation are your own thoughts so think big and motivate yourself to win.  

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icebreaker July 2023

Level 1 - Speech 2 - The Perfect Gift