Icebreaker July 2023

Icebreaker Speech 


Arey O Jamure... Haan Ustaad.  Jo Bolunge Bolega.... Haan ustaad.... Jo Kahungi Kahega..... Haan ustaad....Saare raaz kholega... Haan ustaad.... to bata kaun ho main kya naam hai mera, kahan se aayi, kya kaam hai mera.

Ladies and gentment, boys and girls of the prestigious greenage toastmasters club.  The little skit I just did talks about my two biggest loves - drama and poetry.  Today's session needs me to break the ice and talk about myself.  But is my identity a constant.  I am multiple things at multiple stages in my life.  I change, I evolve and each day I am someone else.

Daughter of bankers, living all her life in Delhi, INdia; I started with small dreams.  Joining the IT industry was just the beginning of a journey which took me to various countries across the world.  Getting married at a young age of 26, I have seen several ups and downs.  managing career along with a joint family, a kid and long distance travel.  Learning has always been a constant in my life and I have never let my failures stop me.  Today through my hard work, I am in senior management. People yearn to join my team and feel trusted with their work with me.  That is because I dared to dream it.  Starting my travels, first time leaving my kid in a day care/hostel was the toughest thing I did for 2 weeks.  but today South africa is the only continent which i have not covered.  trust me, today my teenage daughter does not remember I left her with her grandmother for two weeks.  She is proud of me that I have lived my dreams and have achieved so much in life. 

Everyone in the world has an issue with working mothers. I as a working mother has always had to let go of my dreams at various stages in my life.  I have been lucky enough to have blessings of my mother and Mahadev with me.  What has kept me going has been the life lead by my own mother and the various stories she always made a point to tell me.  whatever she has done has motivated me in my life and whatever I have done, I hope to motivate my daughter throughout her life.  

People say mothers should give up their life to tak ecare of their kids.  I say it should be the other way round.  Mothers should dream even if small like being able to fill the living room wall with oil paintings, fulfil her dream and move on to another small or big dream.  mothers living their own dreams and telling stories about their dreams to her kids is the only way which will allow your kids to dream and live life to fulfil those dreams. 

Comments

  1. 1. Great Speech! Could have avoided hindi usage
    2. You were amazing. Set fire on stage. the topic is dare to dream is highly motivating and inspirational.
    3. Very impactful strong, straighforward dierct from heart. Body language was very influential. keep going.
    4. Very engaging, powerful, strong message, ending could have been stronger, some quotes could be used
    5. Humorous start, take some pauses + good movement on stage will be great
    6. Very expressive, very motivational, very good use of voice modulation. crucial and relevant message passed on to the audience through your story
    7. Very natural and confident delivery. overall excellent speech and message. A bit more louder pitch could make it more effective

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have faith

Level 1 - Speech 2 - The Perfect Gift