Garden of Five Senses - Level 1 Speech 3

 

Garden of five senses



Oh! How I love my garden where I sit and contemplate

My perfect piece of paradise inside my garden gate

Hanging baskets, pretty pots, the flowers are brimming over.

The grass so green, the buttercups, the daisies, and the clover

These are the exact kind of sonnets which have brought in a romance in the very word “Garden”.  Whenever we utter the word – garden, we imagine all sorts of lovely trees, flowers, butterflies, shrubs, fountains, cobbled pathways etc… This romance with the word garden got into my life with Enid Blyton books.  Unfortunately now that is the story only with cubbon park or lal bagh or Mughal gardens. Our own gardens are reduced to the smaller sizes of balconies or a few square meters of space. 

My love for garden started when I was young due to two things – Enid Blyton books second as we all know all loves at such young age can start because of your parents, it was my mom.  Growing up we used to live in a DDA apartment, we had terrace space and my mom being so fond of plants, we had around a little number of 200 plants.  Big pots having lemon tree, cheeku tree and small plants with bonsais.  It used to be the responsibility of my mom to water every morning and mine every evening to water the plants.  Having the whole terrace to yourself and plants everywhere, it was my little go to space.  Evening sun set, orange light terrace view, sound of birds oh it was heaven.  I used to water using a garden hose and spray from the top so used to get that little smell of earth after a while.  The whole act used to be so full of peace and it grounded me. 

Today in my garden as in my balcony I struggle to keep my plants alive.  Plants which grow easily on the roadside in any weather – wind, rain, sleet etc come to my balcony and barely struggle to survive.  God forbid I forget to water one day…. One day the plant will come back and tell me… you little prick you forgot to take care of me for one day…. Now I must die.  What does that tell me it is simple my plants love me so much that they miss me and become suicidal even if I don’t go to them for a single day. 

People say talking to your plants regularly actually helps them improve and live longer and have a healthy life. I take that very very seriously - My first good morning is to my plants and my last good night is also to my plants.  One morning I was standing in my living room and very excitedly with a bright good morning got very excited and ran towards the balcony.  My husband standing nearby thought I am running to him…. But I was already be in my balcony…. OMG Aparajita has got 3 purple flowers.  3 at one time….. today the gods have smiled on us.  There was a day when the bud of my hibiscus fell off after growing big instead of turning into a flower.  That day I snapped at my entire team. 

Working in a garden is a painstaking activity but when we get to it, it gives us a feeling of achievement that comes with working towards the end goal with constant optimism. This Aparajita which today is giving flowers was one day covered entirely with mealy bug.  How I worked weeks to bring it out of the bugs and bring it back to life is a lesson of life. Failure is the necessary steppingstone to success.

A garden teaches us the simplicity of life.  The birds and animals spend their days enjoying food, resting when tired and waking when the sun rises.  Embrace the natural flow of life and really enjoy living because a garden adds years to your life and life to your years.

Comments

  1. 1. Simple thought presented very well
    2. Very swift speech, quite expressive, took us on a green ride
    3. Dramatic, mesmerising, gracefully gripping over her forgotten lines, simply awesome
    4. Great visualisation techniques, painted the beautiful garden story in her speech
    5. Great topic and vocal variety and how you linked it with optimism was excellent
    6. PAinting a pic - done nicely, voice modulation - good, humor, i could connect on the emotions especially of plant dying and optimism. not sure how the title connects to the content though
    7. even with a rocky start, you took off so well, superb voice modulation and description of events. we got transported to your moms and your garden
    8. good expressions, good body language, good content, good humor
    9. Topic was good and even though you forgot your speech but carried it in good way that we thought it is part of act. however topic name and theme a little disconnect, too much hand gesture. otherwise a good speech
    10. Forgot but came back with smile
    11. Very good speech, emotional, good message, great body language. can work on more revision
    12. very good speech and added humor on the topic you coverd today
    13. amazing message conveyed very subtly. the first part of drama with paper can be avoided. good lines used specially the ending. you are very expressive and should capitalize on it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Icebreaker July 2023

Have faith

Level 1 - Speech 2 - The Perfect Gift